Welcome to People+. We are an intelligent, curated directory of people and companies. People+ helps you find who you’re looking for and remember people that you already know. Importantly, People+ is not a social network it is a directory and its information is visible to every you and every other user in the community. Any information you contribute and edit about a person or company will be seen by the rest of the community.
Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide to Us.
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. For example, in providing the Service, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Private personally identifiable information.The information we collect may include items like your name, e-mail address, telephone number and location-based information (if you agree to provide such information). Additionally, to register with People+, you may need to provide us with a username and password.
- Information about others.When you link a Third Party Account to your People+ account (by signing in using your Third Party Account information or otherwise), we may collect and store publicly available personal information about your contacts and friends available from those Third Party Websites. This information may include their photo, name, email address, and interests or other content you have access to when you access such profiles on those Third Party Websites. You may also be able to invite other users to the Service by providing us with their personal information.
Information Collected Automatically.
We may use various technologies to collect information from your computer or mobile device and about your activities on the Service.
- Information collected automatically from your browser.
- We may automatically collect information from your browser when you use the Service. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
Information Collected by Third Parties.
Third Party Websites that you choose to link your People+ account to may also collect information that we are not aware of. You should consult their applicable terms of service and privacy policies for more information on their data collection practices.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will never sell your Personal Information and, except as set forth below, will never share your Personal Information with any third parties.
We may use your Personal Information to suggest companies or people. However, we will only ever share the public user profile that any third party already has access to (as set by your privacy controls on such Third Party Website and public data on Third Party Websites) and will never share private contact information or information that a user would only have access to if you were both connected on such Third Party Website, unless you choose to share that information.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about the Service, to personalize and improve the Service, and to analyze how users utilize the Service.
- Agents. We may employ third parties to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your Personal Information with them to provide certain products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Business Transfers.We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information or can elect not to share any of your profile information publicly by visiting your account settings. Please note that these account sharing restrictions may result in you being unable to use some or all features of the Service.
If you close your account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of the Service or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Further, because of the complexities of the technology involved, we cannot guarantee total or irrevocable deletion of your account information, and we cannot provide you with any specific timelines for deletion.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to be bound by confidentiality restrictions, such as consultants, may be permitted to access Personal Information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use SSL encryption in the transmission of your sensitive Personal Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security via the third party site or service that you use to log in to People+. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We want you to feel confident using the Service and endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records. However, no system can be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure e-mail.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.